The Circle of Concerned African Women Theologians celebrated thirty years of existence and impressive productivity, the fifth continent wide conference in Gaborone, Botswana on July 2-5, 2019.
Impact on theological curriculum and teaching: increased perspectives of women in theological curriculum: history, Bible, systematic theology and pastoral care.
Impact on the number of women doing theology. At Saint Paul’s University (SPU), since 2000 we have had eight women who completed PhD and five are ongoing.
- Rev. Dr. Emily Onyango- history
- Rv. Dr. Regina Nduati- Practical Theology
- Rev. Dr. Lydia Mwaniki- Bible New Testament
- Rev. Dr. Irene Ayalo- Practical Theology
- Dr. Dorcas Chebet- Bible Old Testament
- Rev. Dr. Mary Tororeiy Bible Old Testament
- Dr. Catherine Mwihia- Bible Old Testament
- Rev. Dr. Catherine Njagi – Feminist theology
There are about fifty with masters already and ten currently enrolled for a master’s degree because they received a bachelor’s degree.